Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Using Infographics in the AP Psychology Classroom

Good Morning!

I've been spending a lot of time on Pinterest lately.  There are some beautiful infographics on there for psychology!  It got me wondering: how are these infographics created?  They must be meticulously crafted by graphic designers, right?  After a little research, I realized I was totally wrong!

Piktochart.com is a website where anyone can create infographics for free.  They offer ten free themes to start with, or you can start from scratch.  I made this small infographic in less than an hour.



If you would like to download a higher resolution version of this infographic, click here. 

Overall it was a fairly intuitive site.  I had a little trouble with formatting here and there, but I was impressed with the selection of fonts, templates, and graphics available to users to free.  It doesn't look like some of the polished inforgraphics I've seen, but for a classroom project I think it would be great!

I have in mind a lesson where students are assigned one of the major units for the AP Psychology exam, and then they each create an infographic that includes the key information that their peers need to remember from that section for the test.  Then a quick email to their classmates gives everyone a visual study guide that they could save to their phones!  

What do you think?  And if your students need a quick refresher on operational definitions before the exam, check out my free Operational Definitions Assignment.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Popular Posts

Designed ByBlogger Templates